Welcome to Melcourt Industries Ltd
Melcourt is the UK’s leading supplier of mulches, growing media, play surfaces, soil improvers, equestrian surfaces, biofiltration media and more, based on bark, wood and other natural materials.
A leader in innovation and high quality for nearly four decades, Melcourt has developed a range of products that is second to none, with unparalleled technical back-up, prompt and efficient delivery, outstanding levels of customer care and all-importantly, excellent environmental sustainability.
- Strong product branding, built up over 4 decades
- Complete product range for all market sectors
- Consistent quality, load after load, either bulk loose or pre-packed
- Caring customer technical and sales support pre and post ordering
- Products that are sustainable, environmentally acceptable, recyclable and have a low carbon footprint
- Proven value for money
Melcourt is an independent, privately owned company, formed in 1983. Throughout these years we have consistently focused on identifying and then meeting individual customer needs within the Landscape, Play, Grower, Garden, Builders Merchant, Equestrian and Industrial market sectors.
Our products are manufactured from British and European forest and wood processing industry residues with new raw material sources being systematically researched, trialled and tested, using the company’s in-house research and development facilities, to produce future generations of Melcourt products.
Melcourt has adequate resources in terms of skilled personnel, processing capacity and finance to convert its raw materials into useful, cost effective products to meet exacting customer requirements. Our products are available nationally and internationally, in bulk, loose and pre-packed quantities, usually ex. stock.
We operate to strict written environmental, quality and customer service policies and are founding members of the Responsible Sourcing of Growing Media Scheme.
Melcourt are active members of many trade associations - see below.
Horticultural Trades Association, Renewable Energy Association (REA - Organics), Garden Centre Association, British Association of Landscape Industries (BALI), Association of Play Industries, Growing Media Association, John Innes Manufacturers Association (JIMA), Forest Stewardship Council (FSC), Soil Association, Garden Industries Manufacturers Association and Association of Professional Landscapers (APL).
Customer Service Statement
- To ensure that all existing and potential customers are serviced with their requirements promptly, efficiently and courteously at all times, to their entire satisfaction and at a standard of customer care that is the highest in the industry.
How do you benefit from this?
- For each market sector serviced, we aspire to offer a full product range, covering most customer requirements.
- Each Melcourt product has a measurable product specification, so that material supplied can be checked against the product description and typical product sample supplied.
- Wherever appropriate, Melcourt’s products comply to the relevant British or European Standards.
- A copy of our Quality Policy Statement is available on this site.
- Our field sales team are always available to visit customers and specifiers at their offices, or on site, discuss Melcourt products, applications or specific projects.
- In addition to our in-house laboratory and glasshouse facilities, we have access to all leading test houses and laboratories, who are able to provide specific back-up analysis on the most technical issues.
- All Melcourt products which are sold by volume are calculated using ‘The Bulk Density Method’ as set out in BSEN12579:2000 and BSEN12580:2000. Product volumes will be supplied within the tolerance of -0/+5%.
- Melcourt operates in accordance with the Growing Media Association Code of Practice on Quantity Measurement.
Channels of Supply
- We have different arrangements for each market sector – either direct from Melcourt or through approved distributors and stockists
- We do not have an online shop, preferring to support our distributors and stockists.
Product Prices and Quotations
- Depending on the market sector, we have separate price lists.
- Prices for bulk loose load quantities and given by separate quotation.
- Typical product samples are always available and will be despatched by first class post within 24 hours of request.
- All incoming calls will usually be answered within three rings.
Advertising and Promotion
- We promote our products and services via all of the usual channels, including fact to face, exhibition and trade shows, internet, website and social.
- All Melcourt products are manufactured from naturally occurring and sustainable sources, are 100% peat-free and contain no added chemicals other than fertilizers where appropriate. Wherever possible all packaging materials used by Melcourt are recyclable. A copy of our clear and detailed Environmental Policy statement is available on this site.
- Depending on the order type, the products will be delivered on curtain-side vehicles, general artic or walking floor vehicles.
- By arrangement customers can collect their orders.
Can we serve you better?
- Your positive suggestions are welcome. How can we improve our products and services? Please contact us.