Walkchips™ Softwood and Hardwood
Well-graded softwood chips used to provide a natural, cost effective, temporary or permanent all weather walk surface. Ideal for access paths, woodland walks, bridleways, trim and sports tracks, as well as outdoor showground sites. Also very effective to ameliorate wet and muddy conditions in grass car parks.
• Natural beige colour, that mellows over time
• Free-flowing and easy to handle and lay
• Produced from sustainably harvested British forests
• Softwood Walkchips are made from FSC Mix sources at a minimum of 70%. Hardwood Walkchips are not FSC certified.
• Free-draining and not adversely affected by frost
• Long effective service life of 4 years plus
• Non-slip and comfortable to walk on, providing a safe all-weather surface
• Natural appearance that blends sympathetically into the surroundings
• Suitable for either temporary or permanent use
• Particularly effective in overcoming ground erosion problems
• Easy to lay and install, using simple tools and requiring little subsequent maintenance
• Good resistance to wind erosion
Available in 60 litre bags, bulk bags and in loose bulk
Lay Walkchips to a finished depth of at least 70 mm allowing at least 10 % for settlement after 30 days
Walkchips can be used on above or below ground level installations.
Use of a geotextile membrane can considerably extend the life of the product.
* All values given in the Specifications table are typical. However, some variation may occur from time to time. Melcourt Industries Ltd reserves the right to alter the specification without notice, for the purpose of product improvement.