Melcourt Sylvamix Potting is a fine, free-flowing ready-to-use peat-free growing medium suitable for a wide range of nursery applications including bedding, herbaceous perennials and pot plants
Wondering how to buy?
Take a look at this product’s pdf
• Contains Melcourt Growbark, Sylvafibre, coir and a wetting agent.
• Includes balanced fertilizers, sufficient for the first 4 – 6 weeks
• Long-lasting structure which does not slump even after several months
• Provides excellent air / water ratio
• Enables cost-effective peat-free production
• Manufactured from sustainable ingredients
• Tried and tested under a wide range of conditions since 2001
• Detailed technical back-up available
• Compatible with most irrigation systems
• Compatible with liquid feeding and controlled release fertilizers
• Excellent wetting capacity
• Free-flowing texture allows easy filling of pots
Can be supplied with added controlled release fertilizer and pesticides or other additives as optional extras – see Sylvamix Special
Available in 50 litre bags, maxi-bales, bulk bags and loose bulk
• Sylvamix Potting contains enough base fertilizer for the first few weeks only and best results will be obtained by liquid feeding or the addition of controlled release fertilizers. Such supplementary fertilizers should be applied at the manufacturers’ recommended rates for peat-based media.
• No changes to normal nursery practice are required
• Although a wide range of plants have been grown successfully under many different management regimes, it is recommended that in the first instance small numbers are tested in order to check the suitability of this compost for your particular cultural practices.
No particular changes to normal crop management are required. However water distribution within the medium may differ slightly to peat-based mixes so care with watering is advised at first.
Typical crop applications
Bedding plants, pot plants, herbaceous perennials, baskets, tubs and troughs, interior landscaping
* All values given in the Specifications table are typical. However, some variation may occur from time to time. Melcourt Industries Ltd reserves the right to alter the specification without notice, for the purpose of product improvement.