A free-flowing ready-to-use, Soil Association approved peat-free growing medium suitable for a wide range of applications including ornamental and food crops.
Wondering how to buy?
Take a look at this product’s pdf
• Contains Melcourt Growbark Pine, Melcourt Growbark Mixed
Conifer, two widely used and well-proven products in peat-free
and peat-reduced growing media, coir and a low percentage of
• Includes a balanced, approved organic fertilizer, sufficient for the
first 4 – 6 weeks
• Provides excellent air / water ratio
• Dry surface of the medium discourages the growth of moss and
• Soil Association approved
• Enables cost-effective, organic peat-free production
• Manufactured from completely renewable, sustainable ingredients
• Tried and tested under a wide range of conditions since 2002
• Detailed technical back-up available
• Compatible with most irrigation systems
• Free-flowing texture allows easy filling of pots
Available in 50 litre bags, maxi-bales, bulk bags and loose bulk
• Sylvamix Natural contains enough slow-release fertilizer for the first few weeks only and best results will be obtained by supplementary feeding. Such supplementary fertilizers should be applied at the manufacturers’ recommended rates for peat-based media.
• No changes to normal nursery practice are required
• Although a wide range of plants have been grown successfully under many different management regimes, it is recommended that in the first instance small numbers are tested in order to check the suitability of this compost for your particular cultural practices
• The fertilizer in Sylvamix Natural will slowly release nutrients when in storage, so use within 6 months of purchase.
No particular changes to normal crop management are required.
However water distribution within the medium may differ slightly to peat-based mixes so care with watering is advised at first. Sylvamix Natural will not usually require more water than a peat-based equivalent, but may benefit from a more frequent irrigation.
Typical crop applications
Bedding plants, herbs, herbaceous perennials, nursery stock etc.
Not suitable for ericaceous crops. Products suitable for this application are available from the Sylvamix Special range of
* All values given in the Specifications table are typical. However, some variation may occur from time to time. Melcourt Industries Ltd reserves the right to alter the specification without notice, for the purpose of product improvement.