Sylvamix® Hanging Basket
A fine, free-flowing, ready-to-use, peat-free growing medium ideal for a wide range of applications where a moisture-retentive mix is required, for example hanging baskets, tubs and troughs.
• Contains Melcourt Growbark, Melcourt Sylvafibre and coir
• Contains the water management aid H2Gro®
• Includes balanced fertilizers, sufficient for the first 4 – 6 weeks
• Long-lasting structure which does not slump even after several months
• Provides excellent air / water ratio
• Enables cost-effective peat-free production
• Manufactured from sustainable ingredients
• Tried and tested under a wide range of conditions
• Detailed technical back-up available
• Compatible with most irrigation systems
• Compatible with liquid feeding and controlled release fertilizers
• Excellent wetting and water management capacity aided by the inclusion of H2Gro®
• Free-flowing texture allows easy filling of containers
• Audited by the Responsible Sourcing Scheme
Can be supplied with added controlled release fertilizer as an
optional extra – see Sylvamix Special
Available in 50 litre bags, maxi-bales, bulk bags and loose bulk
H2Gro® is a registered trade mark of ICL and its affiliates.
• Sylvamix Hanging Basket contains enough base fertilizer for the first few weeks only and best results will be obtained by liquid feeding or the addition of controlled release fertilizers. Such supplementary fertilizers should be applied at the manufacturers’ recommended rates for peat-based media.
• No changes to normal nursery practice are required
No particular changes to normal crop management are required.
However water distribution within the medium may differ slightly to peat-based mixes so care with watering is advised at first.
Typical crop applications
Hanging baskets, tubs, troughs, bedding plants, pot plants, herbaceous perennials, interior landscaping.
* All values given in the Specifications table are typical. However, some variation may occur from time to time. Melcourt Industries Ltd reserves the right to alter the specification without notice, for the purpose of product improvement.