A multi-washed and triple-screened silica sand-based loose impact absorbing surface (LIAS), suitable as an effective surface in play areas, or with play pits and indoor games areas, and where fall heights are lower.
• Nominal particle size range 0.25 – 0.45mm
• Light beige in colour
• Non-staining and non-marking
• Free-draining allowing safe play throughout the year
• Compliance to BS EN 1176, confirms that Playsand meets a nationally accepted industry standard
• Totally fire resistant
• Excellent durability of 6 – 8 years plus
• Independently tested in accordance with the requirements of BS EN 1176, at depths of 300mm, 200m and 100mm giving critical fall heights of 6.45metres, 3.11 metres, and 1.17metres respectively
• Pre-washed, preventing staining and marking of children’s clothes, which can be a serious problem with ordinary sand
• Rapid drainage during wet weather allows play all year round
• Easy to install and maintain
• Vandal resistant
• Hostile living environment for pests
• Extremely cost-effective
• Easy to relocate
Available in 15 litre bags, bulk bags by weight and loose bulk by weight
Design, Installation and Aftercare
Melcourt offers extensive advice on design, installation and aftercare using products from our Play Range, together with up to-date information on many contractual and standards issues regarding play areas.
To comply with BS EN 1176, the LIAS used must be installed to a layer thickness of 100mm more than that found by laboratory testing to be necessary to achieve the required critical fall height.
* All values given in the Specifications table are typical. However, some variation may occur from time to time. Melcourt Industries Ltd reserves the right to alter the specification without notice, for the purpose of product improvement.