A well-graded, pine bark-based loose impact absorbing surface(LIAS), widely used and suitable with all play equipment, including climbing frames, slides and space nets.
The UK’s leading brand of LIAS and used extensively throughout the country for well over 30 years. Particularly suitable for use on playgrounds where the children are up to 6 years old.
• Nominal particle size range 10 – 40 mm
• Clean and virtually dust and fines-free
• Free-draining and performance not adversely affected by frost
• Reddish brown in colour and very attractive appearance
• High durability of between 3 and 5 years plus
• Good resistance to wind erosion
• Less than 5 % wood content by volume
• Specifically graded to meet all the main criteria for surfacing children’s play areas
• Compliant with BS EN 1176, Table A.1 confirming that Playbark meets a nationally accepted industry standard
• RHS endorsed (when sold in 60 litre bags)
• Certified by the Forest Stewardship Council® (FSC®)
• High resistance to fire confirmed by testing in accordance with BS 4790:1987
• Independently tested in accordance with the requirements of BS EN 1176, at depths of 300mm, 200mm and 100mm giving critical fall heights of 6.01metres, 3.82 metres and 1.33 metres respectively
• Rapid drainage during wet weather allows play all year round
• Easy to install and maintain
• Clean to play on
• Virtually vandal resistant
• Any overspill onto adjacent grassed areas will not damage mowing equipment
• The loose, particulate feel of Playbark 8/25 deters dogs and cats, thus helping to prevent animal fouling
• Hostile living environment for pests
• Extremely cost-effective
• Easy to relocate
• At the end of its useful life as a play surface, Playbark can be effectively re-used as a mulch or soil conditioner
Available in 60 litre bags, bulk bags and in loose bulk
This product is from FSC MIX Sources at a minimum of 70%, FSC certificate number CU-COC-806457
Design, Installation and Aftercare
Melcourt offers extensive advice on design, installation and aftercare using products from our Play Range, together with up to date information on many contractual and standards issues regarding play areas.
To comply with BS EN 1176, the LIAS used must be installed to a layer thickness of 100mm more than that found by laboratory testing to be necessary to achieve the required critical fall height
* All values given in the Specifications table are typical. However, some variation may occur from time to time. Melcourt Industries Ltd reserves the right to alter the specification without notice, for the purpose of product improvement.