Pine Mini Chips™
A neat, small chip, high-performance mulch, suitable for a wide range of mulching applications, particularly on smaller beds and borders or tubs, pots, window boxes and roof gardens
Wondering how to buy?
Take a look at this product’s pdf
• Nominal particle size range 3 – 18mm
• Naturally acidic
• Free-flowing and easy to handle
• Very attractive appearance
• Rich mid-brown in colour
• Effective service life of 2 years plus
• Processed from natural, sustainably produced pine bark
• RHS endorsed (when sold in 60 litre bags)
• Certified by the Forest Stewardship Council® (FSC®)
• Hostile living environment for pests
• 100% peat free
• Suppresses weed growth replacing expensive shrub bed hoeing and chemical weed-killing
• Conserves soil moisture, minimising drought stress and plant death and eliminating the need for excessive plant watering
• Substantially enhances the visual appearance of new and existing planted areas
• Successfully used for many years on sites throughout the UK and proved to perform extremely well
• Provides an insulating layer, substantially reducing the effects of ground freezing and over-heating during extreme weather conditions
• Slowly improves the soil’s organic content, as it decomposes into the soil
• Easy to lay and install, using simple tools and requiring little subsequent maintenance
• Allows clean access onto mulched area for plant pruning
Available in 60 litre bags, bulk bags and in loose bulk
This product is from FSC MIX Sources at a minimum of 70%, FSC certificate number CU-COC-806457.
* Product sold in loose bulk is FSC certified by special request only.
• Ensure the area to be mulched is entirely free from both annual and perennial weeds
• Lay Melcourt Mini Chips evenly onto freshly cultivated moist soil, after planting has been completed.
• The mulch should be laid at between 50 to 100mm depths, allowing at least 5% for settlement
• For greatest longevity, do not disturb once applied
• When used in tubs, pots and window boxes, spread to a minimum depth of 50mm, onto moist soil or compost. As the mulch will remain loose, ensure that there is a sufficient depth of rim to contain the bark.
* All values given in the Specifications table are typical. However, some variation may occur from time to time. Melcourt Industries Ltd reserves the right to alter the specification without notice, for the purpose of product improvement.