Contract Bark Mulch™
A versatile mulch, suitable for a wide range of professional landscape applications.
Wondering how to buy?
Take a look at this product’s pdf
• Nominal particle size range 0 to 65mm
• Naturally acidic
• Free flowing and easy to handle
• Mid to dark brown in colour
• Effective service life of 1 year plus
• Processed from sustainably produced mixed conifer barks
• Hostile living environment for pests
• 100% peat free
• Suppresses weed growth replacing expensive shrub bed hoeing and chemical weed-killing
• Conserves soil moisture, minimizing drought stress and plant death and eliminating the need for excessive plant watering
• Successfully used for many years on sites throughout the UK and proved to perform extremely well
• Provides an insulating layer, substantially reducing the effects of ground freezing and over-heating during extreme weather conditions
• Slowly improves the soil’s organic content, as it decomposes into the soil
• Easy to lay and install, using simple tools and requiring little subsequent maintenance
• Allows clean access onto mulched area for plant pruning
Available in bulk bags and in loose bulk
• Ensure the area to be mulched is entirely free from both annual and perennial weeds
• Lay Contract Bark Mulch evenly onto freshly cultivated moist soil, after planting has been completed.
• The mulch should be laid at between 75 to 100mm depths, allowing at least 10% for settlement
• For greatest longevity, do not disturb once applied
* All values given in the Specifications table are typical. However, some variation may occur from time to time. Melcourt Industries Ltd reserves the right to alter the specification without notice, for the purpose of product improvement.